UPSET PREVENTION AND RECOVERY TRAINING
Pilots practice recovery techniques under exposure to G-forces.
The Upset Prevention & Recovery Training (UPRT) course increases pilot skills in recognizing and avoiding Loss of Control In-flight (LOC-I) situations that lead to aircraft upsets, the No. 1 cause of fatalities across all levels of aviation. Using our unique G-producing flight simulators, pilots apply their skills by using the aircraft’s full flight envelope for that once in a lifetime maneuver.
This 1.5-day course is specifically tailored for business aviators and those pilots wishing to seek a career in business or commercial aviation.
Upset Recovery Training Academics
- Introduction to Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT)
- Background on the Loss of Control In-flight (LOC-I)
- Upset Prevention and Recovery Core Concepts
- The Upset Domain and how it differs from the Normal Domain
- Upset Prevention and recovery techniques
- Review of relevant LOC-I accidents and incidents
- Operating limits of aircraft
Flight Simulations – 5 Sessions
- Upset Recovery and Prevention familiarization
- UPRT core concepts
- Upright upsets
- Inverted upsets
- Wake vortex
- Final review
- Private, Commercial and ATP pilots
- FAA Class 3 Medical Certificate or equivalent
- Trainees are expected to be in a good health and capable of taking part in all activities